First Impressions and Expectations

• Now that Peria is finally here, what are some of your first impressions of the game? Does it meet your expectations? Were you disappointed/impressed by any particular feature/s?

I'll start off by mentioning the absolutely gorgeous graphics and how vibrant all the colours are. On the flip side there is a lot to be desired on the optimisation side of things but definite something I'm looking forward to playing when a global version releases.

• I actually really like it so far. I have not played myself but i have watched others streams. I still look forward to when i can play it myself. Though i haven't seen the sandbox part, building and coding. And because it's on Korean i can't understand the lore, story or characters. I wanted to see like how players could build a village together. The environment, npc's and kiranas look really good. The music is also nice. But the combat i would want to be a bit more active.

I guess i have to wait more...

• Is the game open world?

No, you'll have loading screens trough each map.

Positive:

1º The graphics and art-style are amazing for those who love Anime.

2º Character costumization is probably the biggest I've ever seen in and MMORPG

3º Inventory space is unlimited

4º You can easilly lvl up your pet cards even when gathering or doing secondary quests, all equiped pet cards will gain the same exp for each action. You can use boost cards to lvl up faster (collect from quest/dungeon).

Negative:

1º Extremely poor optimization (of course this will be fixed for the oficial release I hope)

2º No voice-overs. If they don't voice-over NPC's or at least cinematics will be a big NO for me.

3º The grinding is real, I'm watching "Light moccA" (a korean streamer) and all he does is gathering, farming and repeating the same "dungeon" every single quest.

4º Combat is Pet Card based, only 2 active skills for the char and 8 max cards for summoning. I don't really like this mechanic. I rather prefer having the good old school MMORPG fight style with lot's of skills and a skill tree.

5º No Open World

• Has the lack of the world building tool been confirmed? If yes, then honestly it's a big dissapointment and wasn't worth the wait at all.

I like the new combat system much better than what was shown in the G-STAR preview; althought I still think the iteration from the first few trailers was the best.

Also, it seems there's no this cool sword summoning thingy, sad.

Also, it honestly kinda feels like they ran out of money, scrapped the entirety of the old project, and now are trying to release a half-assed game just to save themselves.

But, I'll admit it, the graphics are gorgeous and I'd be totally willing to play it just for the fashion game.

• (...)

Negative:

1º Extremely poor optimization (of course this will be fixed for the oficial release I hope)

(...)

That worries me. I wonder if I will can run it, my PC can't run nice enough to play games like "Bless" and "Black Desert"... u.u

NOO!!!

i were hoping for a big open world :(

;(

Well, I took for grated that it was to be more or less instanced, because the content creation thing. I just hope the maps are big enough and that all the "creation" mechanics are still there. ^^U

• Can someone confirm that terraforming/building/scripting exists?

Also custom emotes and customisable/scriptable UI?

According to a redditor who participated in the beta, terraforming/building isn't in game, meanwhile scripting was somewhat implemented.

link to the post

Terraforming / Building existed via a Kirina(The fennec fox) but it was an instanced sandbox that you could build/terraform in and Furia said it lasted only 30mins to 1 hr.

em0DkEz.png

Custom emotes: no such thing, but the game had a very wide variety of emotes. 30+ chat commands for emotes.

• Terraforming / Building existed via a Kirina(The fennec fox) but it was an instanced sandbox that you could build/terraform in and Furia said it lasted only 30mins to 1 hr.

em0DkEz.png

Custom emotes: no such thing, but the game had a very wide variety of emotes. 30+ chat commands for emotes.

k cool. At least there is some form of world building. Hopefully it is fully ready by the time it's released

• How large is each map?

Similar size as mobile MMORPG. Very small.

1.png

You can expect moving from main map to instance and having a loading screen every 2 minutes or less...

2.png

That worries me. I wonder if I will can run it, my PC can't run nice enough to play games like "Bless" and "Black Desert"... u.u

BDO is also a good example of poor optimization and I can surely say it's the worst MMORPG out there in that matter.

The problem is not hardware related but the engine render in general. It's perfectly normal a non-release game to have this problems. I just hope they fix it.

Finally, the terraforming... I've been searching into the client files and couldn't find any player costumizable function in landscape, only objects like tables and chairs but that could be for house system and not related to world editor =/

• I can say that I have similar feelings as everyone, however I'm wondering if this beta was simply a test with combat and optimization rather than testing every feature they want us to try yet. Perhaps there will be another beta that they only want us to focus on building/programming.

That was the main part of Peria, so I hope to see it

• I can say that I have similar feelings as everyone, however I'm wondering if this beta was simply a test with combat and optimization rather than testing every feature they want us to try yet. Perhaps there will be another beta that they only want us to focus on building/programming.

That was the main part of Peria, so I hope to see it

Yeah what makes this game stand out from the rest is the world building. If all there is to Peria is traditional mmo elements i might as well keep playing bns.